1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Add the saffron to 1 tbsp warm water and let it sit for 10 minutes to infuse. Then strain the water from the saffron and whisk the liquor into the aioli.
3. Bring the vinegar to the boil in a small saucepan and add the sugar, stir and once dissolved, pour into a bowl. Add the sliced onion and cover. Leave to sit for 1 hour.
4. In a pestle and mortar or food processor, place the rosemary, parsley, garlic and thyme and 2 tsp of oil and bash/blend to a paste.
5. Rub the chicken with the paste and place in the oven for 80 minutes.
6. Once the chicken is cooked allow to rest for 30 minutes. Then pull the meat off the bone.
7. Toss the chicory in 1 tsp oil. Place the chicory in a frying pan on a medium to high heat and caramelise on all sides. Once, you have achieved good colour, squeeze the lemon juice on the chicory.
8. Place an even spreading of Manchego on each slice of bread and place under a hot grill to melt the cheese. Add the pulled chicken to the aioli mix.
9. To construct the salad lay once piece of chicory on the base of a bowl. Top with a quarter of the rocket and quarter of the pickled onions. Place a portion of chicken on top and finally add the cheesy crouton.